Research Poster Presentations
UH undergraduates who plan to present a poster should use a UH Branding-approved poster template, accessible here. Below are some helpful links when adding content to your poster. If you need assistance with poster design, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
Responsible Conduct of Research
The Division of Research at the University of Research has compiled resources to help you learn about the responsible conduct of research and compliance policies. All researchers, including undergraduate researchers, must complete the CITI Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training before embarking on a research project, even mentored by a faculty sponsor.
- Main Responsible Conduct of Research page
- Responsible Conduct of Research Policy
- Core Areas of Responsible Conduct of Research with Definitions
- Training for the Responsible Conduct of Research (including online CITI courses)
- Other online resources for RCR
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Responsible Conduct of Research
Institutional Review Board
All undergraduate research projects involving human subjects (i.e., you will be observing, interviewing, or soliciting survey responses from people), MUST receive formal approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office at the University of Houston before any data collection may occur. Learn more about research involving human subjects here and contact Ms. Nettie Martinez for student-led projects that need IRB approval. If you are unsure of whether your project requires IRB approval, it is always best to check and be certain.
All students conducting research at UH should complete the CITI training for the responsible conduct of research. As of Spring 2020, this training is required prior to requesting IRB approval and for participation in programs such as SURF, PURS, and Senior Honors Thesis. If you are unsure of which training to enroll in, Ms. Nettie Martinez can assist you.
- UH Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) Self-Help Resources
- Learn the Difference between Stress and Burnout
- Creative Ways of Overcoming Burnout
- Tips for Making the Most of Your Undergraduate Research Experience
- Tips for Success in Undergraduate Research
- UH Writing Center
- Purdue Online Writing Lab
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th edition)
- Strunk and White's The Elements of Style (4th edition)
- How to Read a Scientific Journal Article
- How to Write an Abstract
UH Library Resources
Research Management and Ethics
Article Discussion Groups
Opportunities to Share Your Research
- UH Undergraduate Research Day
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students