The Office of Admissions is made up of three main areas: Admissions Processing, Information Technology, and Student Recruitment.
To provide information, pathways, and resources that give access to world-changing opportunities at the University of Houston. We aim to recruit academically promising students, provide timely admissions evaluation, and deliver an orientation and enrollment experience that establishes a foundation toward college retention and graduation.
To create a diverse, inclusive, and academically competitive university that has been shaped by high-touch and data-driven initiatives. A place that’s relentless about college access, a destination for academically competitive students, and a model within the field of college admissions.
Facts & Figures
- 60+ full-time employees and 50+ part-time student staff
- Regionally located in Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, McAllen, and Los Angeles (CA)
- 48,000+ undergraduate applications annually
- Incoming students represent nearly every county in Texas and every state in the U.S. as well as 90+ nations around the world.
Dr. Mardell Maxwell
Our Advisory Board
- Cultivate rapport with the Office of Admissions and other counselors;
- Seek guidance from the Office of Admissions and other counselors specific to college admissions and counseling;
- Establish a network to discuss educational trends and opportunities for college access.
- Offer first-hand information to your school community regarding initiatives that impact student success.